Instagram is a free, online photo-sharing application, and social network platform that was acquired by Facebook in 2012. Instagram allows users to edit and upload photos and short videos through a mobile app. Users can add a caption to each of their posts. Each post by a user appears on their followers’ Instagram feeds and can also be viewed by the public when tagged using hashtags or geotags
. Users make their profile private so that only their followers can view their posts. Instagram is a tool for individuals, but also for businesses. The photo-sharing app offers companies the opportunity to start a free business account to promote their brand and products.
Instagram Feature Details
- Image editing.
- Location tagging.
- Private messaging.
- Push notifications.
- Group messaging.
Image Editing – best Instagram photo editing apps for photographers
- VSCO. VSCO is consistently ranked by photographers as one of the best Instagram photo editing apps on the market—mainly because of its high-quality filters. …
- Canva. …
- Later. …
- A Color Story. …
- FaceTune. …
- Snapseed. …
- Camera+ …
- Enlight Photo
an Instagram tag is a specific location based on latitude and longitude of where your brand decides to store all your Instagram content.
Select 2 or more people you‘d like to send to, then tap Next (iOS) or Chat (Android). Type a message, tap to select a photo or video from your library or tap to take a new one. Add optional effects, filters, and a caption. Tap Send.
To turn push notifications on or off: Go to your profile and tap. Tap Settings. Tap Notifications and adjust your settings.
Instagram Group Messaging
Users can create a new group conversation on Instagram Direct by sending a message to 2 or more people. Type a message, tap to select a photo or video from your library, or tap to take a new one. Add optional effects, filters, and a caption.
Users can add hashtags in the caption or comments of their posts.
Instagram filters allow users to add effects to selfies and videos, which users can post to all of their followers and close friends. In the Instagram story Effect Gallery, users can browse categories or manually browse for a filter using the search bar.
Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger founded the photo-sharing app in a co-working space in 2010. It became a runaway success, attracting tens of millions of users before the co-founders sold it to Facebook (FB) in 2012 for $1 billion. Sep 25, 2018
How do users become Instagram developers?
- Go to the Instagram developer page.
- Click on Register Your Application.
- Click on Register a New Client.
- Fill the form and click on Register.
- Go to the Client manager.
- Click on Manage in your application block.
- Copy and save your credentials: Client ID and Client Secret.
Instagram was launched on Oct. 6, 2010, and on that day, it became the top free photo-sharing app, racking up 25,000 users.
Go to your Options (in the top right-hand corner of your profile). Click on LinkedIn. Enter in your LinkedIn information. Authorize postings. Jul 1, 2019
Connecting Instagram to Twitter
Users can configure Instagram to share with Twitter and other social networks, including Facebook and Tumblr, from within the Instagram app on Android or iOS smartphones and tablets. To do so, open the app to your profile and tap the “menu” button, represented with three parallel horizontal lines. Tap the “Settings” button and tap the “Account” option. Tap the “Linked Accounts” button and choose Twitter from the list of social networking services.
- Go to your Page and click Page Settings in the bottom left.
- Click Instagram in the left column.
- Click Connect Account.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
.How to Add an Instagram Link to your YouTube Channel …
- Go to and log in. [00:18]
- Select the avatar in the top right of YouTube and in the menu select Your Channel. [00:58]
- Once on your YouTube Channel page, select Customize Channel. [01:02]
- After selecting Customize Channel, select the About tab. [01:13]
- On the About tab go the bottom and select the + Links button. [01:17]
- Select + Add. [01:33]
InstagramHeadquarters is located at 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park. Instagram has offices in Menlo Park, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and in 2 other locations.
To create an Instagram account from a computer:
- Go to instagram.com.
- Click Sign up, enter your email address, create a username and password or click Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with an email, click Sign up. If you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out.
To permanently delete your account:
- Go to the delete your account page from a mobile browser or computer. If you’re not logged into Instagram on the web, you’ll be asked to log in first. You can’t delete your account from within the Instagram app.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu next to Why are you deleting your account? and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
- Click or tap Permanently delete my account.
The biggest difference between deactivating and deleting an account is that deactivating your account gives you the flexibility to return whenever you wish while deleting an account is a permanent action.
- Log in to your Instagram account. Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer – you can’t temporarily disable your account from the Instagram app.
- Click ‘Edit Profile’ and select ‘Temporarily disable my account’
- Enter your password and deactivate instagram.